Social Media Relations on the Individual Consumer...

Aka Complaints via Twitter.

This isn't a big philosophical thesis on how Social media impacts the individual consumer, but it is a good example of how brands are continuing their brand philosophy through social media avenues.

Before now, I'd have either had to go back in store and complain about the poor service at the risk of making a scene, god forbid. Or write a letter, and as much as I love writing letters  it can take a while to have any impact. (There are plenty of good examples: take Oli Beale's letter to Virgin for example - he officially reviews hotel & tech gadgets alongside his ad career).

A recent incident with TFL saw me waiting over 2 months for a reply from their complaints department, and a month on, I still haven't heard from them since I replied to said message. I'll make sure they get a copy of this post.

Nowadays, brands seems to approach people more directly, take my lunch scenario from yesterday. One good word can go along way... Thanks Pret. You know how to treat a customer.

MY DILEMA ON TWITTER:


 A FEW OF THE RESPONSES (Split Decisions):







THE OUTCOME:




Now if only TFL had the same approach towards their customer's I'd be on a winning streak.


No comments: