The Plural Genius...

Whilst I'm in the process or sorting out my work and what not, here's a 'new' initiative from another creative team, Amy Jackson & Hollie Belton. I don't know much about them but this landed in my inbox... I'll leave it to you to decide - Is it a silly attempt at securing some work? Or an enthusiastic act of genius in these difficult times?

Personally, I think if they only get £7k someone has got a bargain and the workers rights may have something to say about it - unfortunately the terms are a little vague, seeing as the starting annual rate for a junior seems to be between the £20k - £25k mark each. Maybe it's only out of hours. Perhaps they should have spoke to Campaign and a few newspapers...

Anyway here's some free minimal publicity girls...

For more see here and here





10 comments:

AmyJackson said...

Thank you for the publicity!

...and the advice. We are considering raising our "Buy It Now" price since it's proving to be such a storm.

As for terms, these will be discussed when we sign and negotiate our first contract.

Most likely we'll just end up with no job and subject to a creepy old man for a year from the sticks.

Perhaps vague wasn't the way to go.

Anonymous said...

would help if they were fit.

Mike said...

Now, now.

For those interested here's some previous versions of the concept (courtesy of AP).

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha this is nonesence. Like you can get a job with a silly stunt without experience and such a god awful portfolio.

Anonymous said...

anon 9.31. don't be a dick.

that is all.

Mike said...

God awful is a little harsh. Constructive criticism if anything - thanks. Currently @ £40,100 - not bad going.

Does take some balls to do this... I wonder where they'll end up!

Anonymous said...

This has been done before for the m&c saatchi grad competition about two years ago - nothing new

Mike said...

I'm not saying it's anything new... hence my above comment - I just forgot to post the link. haha.

But it finished with £60k - £30k a piece can't be too bad... I wonder what the ebay fee's are like isn't it 10% of the total value - £6k?

Bitchbag said...

I went to uni with Hollie and I never thought she'd end up selling her body on Ebay. 30K each isn't too bad though.

Mike said...

It turned out to be a bit of a farce unfortunately... You can find out more over at their blog, they bumped it with secret bids... bit of a cop out but kudos for coming clean!