The Art of the business card...

The following collection of cards is the result of 3 months of time and living in South London. Yes, this is how many taxi cards I received through my front door in a mere 90 days. There are a few overlaps, duplications and what not, but there is a grand total of 48 cards.

Here's some things I picked up on, besides the fact that I get battered by taxi firms by way of my front door...
  • Most of them have opted for the 'everythingyoucanfitonacard' option.
  • White is the predominant colour.
  • Most use stock images.
  • One used a template from MS Word circa 95.
  • Only one was done in a portrait layout.
  • Most use the reverse for receipts.
  • Only a few use colour double sided printing.
  • 2 different brands used plastic printed cards.
  • Only one uses the name and number and nothing else.

The 48 taxi cards:


The reverse:


The changes in business card design:


It's the best of a bad bunch if you ask me, but here are a couple of the more considered designs and have the best standout value in my opinion:





3 comments:

Hank hendricks said...

Like the art...This is what i wish to use the same art in Metal business cards.

Safdar Ali said...

These are awesome. They will help me so much in designing my plastic business cards. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

you did a great job.
Plastic card Printing